Assemble Your Log House or Your Log Cabin Yourself or Get It Assembled
History of Log Houses and Log Cabins
5000 years ago, the first log houses have been assembled. For that reason block construction is one of the oldest ways of massive wood construction. The processing of the renewable raw material wood has proved over thousands of years – again and again. A house made of solid wood offers stability, longevity and an incomparable room climate, all in one. » High-quality log houses are manufactured with spruce and fir trunks, that were felled in winter and have been air-dried for years. Those log houses defy in all weathers and can outlast centuries. Log houses are available either as construction-kits for self-assembly or you can get them assembled by your » log house manufacturer in different expansion stages or a finished state.
Good Reasons for the Investment in a Log House or a Log Cabin
- Short construction period in every season
- Environment-friendly processes in the factory
- Easily reconstructable
- High longevity
- No notable drying period after the assembly
- Optimal living climate because of the usage of conifer wood
- Excellent energy balance – one saves enormous engergy costs
The Choice Between Different Construction Methods
Preparation for the Assembly of Your Log House
- Firstly you should become clear about the question whether to get your log house built by the manufacturer or to assemble it yourself.
- In terms of a self-assembly you should be aware of your time available.
- The choice of the property ( quality of the soil, slope, groundwater level).
- Please mind the development plan.
- If necessary you should submit a building application to the competent authority.
- If necessary, set up a building contract between the manufacturer and yourself as a client.
- Clarify the financing with your bank.
- Freedom to built (how to reach the construction site with trucks, cranes etc.).
- If necessary take out insurances for the time before and after the construction period (e.g. principal’s liabilty insurance, fire insurance, glass insurance, homeowner’s insurance etc.).
Advantages of the Self-Assembly of a Log House
- The greatest advantage in the self-assembly of a construction-kit is the cost efficiency. Through the enormous personal contribution of the client and his energetic friends or family the construction and labour costs can be reduced to a high extent.
- Professional log house suppliers offer you an extensive and understandable construction manual with diverse practical tips.
- Eventually you can even slip in your individual desires.
- Before choosing a log house supplier you should make sure that you’re not left on your own and that you will be supported with advise also after the delivery has taken place.
Advantages of an Assembly by the Manufacturer
- Convenient and without expenditure of time, thus relaxing for the client.
- The professional assembly by the manufacturer leads to a higher degree of safety.
- You get a professional assembly of your log house.
- The high degree of expertise leads to a shorter construction period.
- The customer can enjoy a relaxing and easy-going moving in the house of his dreams.
If you have any questions, please contact us here or call us: + 49 (0) 8036 – 30 30 758
We are there for you and we are looking forward to welcoming you as a costumer!